Tuesday 20 July 2010

Acne.. the big "face" issue of mine...

I was always optimistic regarding to this issue. Many have told me that it's just a life process which I need to go through and once I've gone passed this period it will surely go. But how long is it? Half a year? A year? or perhaps... in my case, years??

To be honest I could scarcely remember since when my skin became so sensitive. In vague memory, there were only some spots on my forehead when I sat for my final GCSEs. (That's when I began to "grow" too). People around kept telling me that I was under stress and so, naturally I didn't anticipate it as an issue which would long cause me concerns; it should be gone when I am "stress-free".

But of course, it didn't. The good news was that it didn't spread to other more visible areas. According to traditional chinese medication, spots on forehand could indicate that I was experiencing constipation and broken digestive system. During next summer just before I went home, it started to spread. I remember how shocked my mum was when she saw me. Thanks God it was worth visiting beautician and nutritionist. By the end of the summer, the redness and all obvious spots were beautifully treated with no scar left. Nonetheless, soon after I came back to the UK it returned and spread harshly. Yet I was absolutely optimistic and was still a little confident girl. Although friends around were all looking brilliant with their make-ups, I insisted no make-up for me unless I was to attend formal events. Simple reason: be the real self so why bother about covering up? It didn't bring me much trouble apart from, okay, wasn't that nice looking. But it was just the appearance and curing it was only a matter of time. I now feel thick how I could still be that confident.

Up till now I think I have suffered for nearly 3 years. The induction of this deep concern was my mum (again). All the while I have been bluffing to her that it has gone slightly better every time she asked about it. In our last conversation I could feel how upset she was when she mentioned that she had seen my photo on FB. I am sorry mum, I couldn't harshly say to you that it wasn't cured. It's now not only my feelings, but it has caused concern to my beloved ones.

I have heard a friend saying no matter what she tried her problem didn't go off till she turned 22. My aunt still had it when she was 28, though it gradually went off. The good news is it will go off, but when? I have tried over 3 sets of product over last few months. Antibiotics won't work on me and I have been on contraceptive medication for 2 months. Mum doesn't know about this or else she will certainly feel worry about side effects. I am getting tired and losing hope and confidence. I will laugh if I still have it when I graduate.

Dear mum, please don't worry about it. I promise I will look after myself. Haha let's hope that the day will soon come. I have forgotten how I looked like without acne and spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment