Saturday 17 July 2010

More baking recipessssssss

=)

I am starting this blog with a great smile. This is because I am so happy that I have finally found these two cookbooks on baking.

The first book is edited by Alex Goh, a famous cake-making expert. It consists of English and Chinese translations, which makes it so much easier in acquiring ingredients. Level of difficulty is shown in each recipe and there are tips in making them. What I love is that it covers five basics cake recipes, ie: sponge cake, butter cake, cheesecake, chiffon cake and continental cake, all with clear step to step explanations and pictures to demonstrate. The best things are the accuracy of the recipes and the teachings on the use of each ingredients. Only one word to describe: all -inclusive!

The second one comprises recipes of Hong Kong Dim Sum and Pastry. They are not normally my favourites, but my" sifu" will love it. Or perhaps I should say that I have never tried to make these kind of pastry-they're too high up in the pyramid. XD One dumpling-making-from-scratch session really showed me the complication and hardship.

Anyway, my dear baking buddies, we have plenty to explore......... =D

2 comments: